Monday, February 22, 2010

A couple things...

Woops! I've missed a few days posting. I've had a couple of sick little girls and husband. Now they were not down and out miserable, but just enough to slow them down. Everyone is feeling better and I am trying to disinfect the house now...

I have been able to make a couple of homemade "Prima type" flowers. Thanks to Christina and her super tutorials and creative ways, that I have learned to make these. I'll add some photos tomorrow.
Here are 3 paper flowers I made from some scraps laying around. The pink flower is made of DCWV cardstock. I punched four circles, crumpled them up, stacked them up, poked a hole in the middle and fastened with a brad and I added stickles to the edges.
The yellow flower is made with five 2"scallop circles that I punched from patternd paper, but if you had a cricut cartridge with scallops you could cut from that. I got each scallop wet and crumpled them up. Be very careful not to rip them as you unfold them. I stacked them, poked a hole in the middle and fastened with a brad. I set the flower using my heat gun, just to get a shape. You can add stickles, glimmer mist, inks, etc. I did not as I was just practicing.
The black flower is also four circles of patterned paper. I used my bone folder to break the fibers of the paper. By doing this the edges of the paper will separate. I stacked them, poked a hole in the middle and fastened with a brad. I then used my homemade shimmer mist...in this case I used "pearl" and sprayed it after I had the flower together.

2 comments:

DtsArt said...

love your note of appreciation, very cute

Lori Apgar said...

These are adorable!!