Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Altered Tablet

I purchased this tablet from my local Dollar General. It measures 5-3/4" x 9".
I covered it using K&Co "Peabody" collection and also "life's journey" collection. Using a foam brush, I lightly brushed on a bit of "sheer gold glaze" over my patterned paper, dried it a little with my heat gun. I distressed the edges with "vintage photo" ink. I did this same technique to all the papers I will be adding.
This next strip of paper, I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the "Victoria" embossing folder. I brushed the sheer gold glaze onto the raised parts and distressed with vintage photo ink and added glossy accents. 
I cut this marquee shape from the "Storybook" Cricut cartridge at 7". Again, I brushed it with the sheer gold glaze and distressed with vintage photo ink.
I cut this birdcage from "Straight from the Nest" Cricut cartridge at 5". I cut it first in a light weight chipboard and then again in my patterned paper. I glued it together with Zig 2-way glue. I brushed it with the sheer gold glaze and distressed with the vintage photo ink. For added interest I applied small gold half beads to the cage, dangle beads for the bottom and a gem for the birds wing. 
I created these flowers myself just by layering some Prima "got flowers", crumpled them up, distressed each layer with vintage photo ink, sheer gold glaze and glossy accents along the edges. I hot glued all the layers together. The leaves were also distressed the same way. I was going to use that piece of lace but decided not to when putting everything together.
I tied this Stampin" Up satin ribbon into a bow, added a small pin and tag. The metal frame I distressed and added an alphabet sticker to it.
Now, when I put it all together here is what I got.