Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reindeer Ornament

I was in the mood to create a Christmas ornament and this is what I came up with.
The tag shape was cut from the "winter frolic" Cricut cartridge at 5 inches. I cut it 3 times in my Expression; once from patterned paper; once from SU Kraft card stock (for the back side); and finally once from thin chipboard (I used a Pop Tart box). I used distress ink (vintage photo) around all the edges and adhered the three pieces together using Mod Podge. I mixed a little PearlEx "sparkle gold" powder with some Mod Podge and brushed it over the front and back of the tag. Makes it sparkle!!
The poinsettia was cut from the "winter woodland" Cricut cartridge in three different sizes; two at 3";
one at 2-1/2"; and one at 2". I crumpled them up and inked the edges with "fired brick" distress ink. I also cut the coordinating leaves from the poinsettia cut at 3" in green card stock and distressed it as well.
The reindeer was cut from the "winter woodland" Cricut cartridge at 2-1/2" in the blackout feature. I added some flat back adhesive pearls around his neck, a black gem for his eye, and some bling for his nose ( I didn't have any red bling or I would of used that)
Thanks for taking a look.

1 comment:

Ladybug said...

Beautiful!!

I really enjoy visiting your blog and looking at all your creations.

I have a Blog Award waiting for you on my website.
http://ladybuglair.blogspot.com/